pot


(couldn't resist... best sauce pan i've ever used... 40 years old and going strong)

Comments

Jona said…
But what is it and who makes it? Looks like a Japanese cast iron pot if I were to guess. The handle and lid(?) with the hole in the center has me very curious about using it. I assume the handle comes out and the lid comes off for cooking? Can't beat old cast iron for cooking. Not all new technologies are improvements.
Steve Hampsten said…
It's Finnish and here's a link - http://thelightupnorth.wordpress.com/2010/10/28/and-might-try-to-cook-something/

It's enamel-clad cast iron and the handle also works to remove the lid. It's a little awkward for pasta water - when draining - but it does everything else brilliantly. I saw one in a store recently with some crazy price tag but it would almost be worth it if I had to find a replacement.