What I'm Riding Today

Frame: MAX+
Fork: Alpha Q CS25 (no longer available)
Paint: New Off-White
Kit: SRAM Force
Brakes: TRP RG957 prototype
Wheels: Hed Ardennes FR
Tires: Vittoria Pave 25mm
Fenders: Honjo 35mm
Bars: Deda Zero100
Stem: PRO Vibe
Post: Moots Cinchpost
Saddle: Fizik Aliante Leather

Yes, it's the same MAX frame I've had for several years - a keeper, as it were. In the summer this bike generally wears 27mm (30mm, really) Challenge Parigi-Roubaix tires but the skinny Paves and fenders suit it well in our drearier Seattle months. This bike has a nice bomb-proof feel to it without feeling heavy - it seems to shrug off the all the crappy pot-holed roads I can aim it down. If I was actually racing a MAX frame with Enve fork would likely be my pick. The bars have since been rotated down in the interests of good taste.


Comments