please forward to arnaud and papa large

A friend writes:

Interesting.

I had a similar (but BETTER) experience recently, also aboard a HampStar.

I hired a personal trainer, engaged in the removal of any internal organ for which I could not clearly explain the purpose, and have whipped myself into a semblance of Fakeness to be able to do the Hampsten name proud. And I’m clean. Clean I say. A beacon of hope in this otherwise dark and dismal (as of late) sport of ours.

Also, I was in a shop recently with the bike. The owner immediately approached and said (in snooty bike snob voice): “So you bought a Parlee”. It then continued like this:

Me: No, it’s a Hampsten

ShopDick: It’s made by PARLEE

Me: No, I bought it from HAMPSTEN (still playing dumb)

SD: Um, perhaps, but it’s BUILT by PARLEE

Me: Um, I don’t think so. See it says right here (pointing to downtube)
H-A-M-P-S-T-E-N

SD: But the bikes are manufactured by PARLEE. I am certain of this.

Me: I don’t think so.

SD: Yes, it’s a fact.

Me: Agree to disagree.

J.

Comments